You're probably not thinking about how your Smith Women's Vantage MIPS Helmet looks, feels, or protects your head when you're skiing pow, but you can rest assured that it does all three damn well. For starters, Smith equipped this helmet with a Multi-directional Impact Protection System, more commonly known as MIPS, that uses a thin inner layer that rotates ever so slightly in order to disperse impacts across the whole helmet instead of the point of contact.
MIPS isn't the only innovative technology that makes the Vantage one of the best helmets on the market. Its Hybrid SL shell places bombshell ABS on top and lightweight, in-mold PC around the sides for a low-profile fit. Aerocore construction uses specialized Koroyd foam for improved airflow, ventilation, impact-resistance, and fog-free vision. Boa's FS360 adjustable system has a wrap-around halo design for a truly secure fit. AirEvac 2 ventilation uses a low-profile dual regulation that lets you open and close the front half, back half, or all 21 vents for optimized climate control. The goggle lock and Snapfit SL2 ear pads are removable, and you can insert Skullcandy audio systems into the ear pads for a musical fiesta in terrain parks and powder-filled bowls.
- Ski or snowboard in this stylish and protective helmet
- MIPS disperses energy and protect against rotational forces
- Hybrid SL shell reduces weight without sacrificing protection
- Adjustable Boa fit system ensures a snug and secure fit
- Women-specific X-Static lining with Nanosilver performance lining
- AirEvac 2 ventilation keeps cool air circulating through
- Low-profile dual regulator adjustable climate control
- Skullcandy audio systems available (sold separate)