The Rio Gallegos Zip-Front Waders bring the convenience of a waterproof front TIZIP™ zipper to the toughest most puncture-resistant waterproof / breathable waders that Patagonia can engineer. Their Rio Gallegos Waders are built from the tested-and-proven 4-layer H2No® Performance Standard fabric package using single-seam construction to route critical seams away from areas of high wear and a robust feature set offers the highest level of comfort performance and durability.
A slightly trimmer profile around the hip waist and chest provides an improved fit that still easily accepts layers for long cold sessions while the innovative internal suspension system allows easy conversion to waist height when you aren't wading deep. Motion-oriented patterning through the crotch means it's no problem to swing a leg over gunwales and articulation in the leg is designed for moments when fishing brings you to your knees — like keeping a fish wet during the photograph and release. If you fish in and out of boats you?ll also appreciate the flat-panel gravel guards: they drain water quickly while resisting abrasion and wear while hiking or wading.
The booties have a more anatomical sock-like fit and are made from a denser 4 mm neoprene that resists compaction better over the long haul and have a poly-grid lining for added comfort. Outside there are two handwarmer pockets and two stash pockets with water-resistant zippers. Interior gear storage includes a waterproof flip-out welded TPU pocket; two new drop-in stretch pockets; and two internal daisy chains for tools. Other fishing-friendly features: center-back hanger loop for easy drying; stretch wading belt with low-profile buckle; removable knee pads; and a raised Fitz Roy Trout logo tops it off. Field repair kit included.
- H2No® Performance Standard polyester microfiber shell with proprietary waterproof / breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; highly durable and puncture-resistant fabric has no multiple layers or added weight
- Submersible TIZIP® front zipper is fully waterproof; waist-mounted EZ-Lock suspenders allow easy conversion from chest to waist height; full elastic belt
- Innovative SSC (single-seam construction) seaming eliminates seams from highest wear points on inside of legs
- Interior organization: welded TPU-waterproof zippered pocket flips out for easy access; two drop-in stretch pockets; two internal daisy chains for tools; center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Exterior organization: chest handwarmer pockets; two stash pockets with water-resistant zippers; laser-cut Hypalon® utility keeper on suspenders allows easy access to tools nippers etc.
- Articulated legs; removable foam knee pads
- Anatomical left and right booties have lower volume a more sock-like fit and are poly-grid lined for additional warmth and comfort; resilient 4mm neoprene resists compaction for greater durability
- H2No® Performance Standard shell
- Upper: 4-layer 5.8 oz. 100% polyester microfiber high-density taffeta
- Lower: 4-layer 8.8 oz. 100% polyester microfiber high-density double-weave taffeta
- Both with a waterproof / breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish