Russian olive black huckleberry salal: Whether you're looking for birds firewood or chanterelles there's going to be brush busting involved and a lot of it's wet. Patagonia's new Field Hacking Jacket keeps you forging ahead by pairing freedom of movement with excellent protection from moisture and brambles. The tough stretchy 50% nylon / 43% polyester / 7% spandex body fabric moves easily while the waterproof 2-layer polyester twill on the shoulders and arms shrug off wet foliage and thorns; a DWR (durable water repellent) finish adds another layer of protection from the damp woods. And because days in the field require a variety of gear the jacket has an ample set of pockets: two zippered vertical chest pockets keep essentials secure; two lower snap-closure cargo pockets expand for more storage; two fleece-lined side-entry pockets offer luxurious refuge for cold hands; and the large reach-through internal back storage pouch is lined with waterproof / breathable fabric for easy cleaning and features zippered entry on both sides plus a hook-and-loop flap at the top.
- Durable stretchy 50% nylon / 43% polyester / 7% spandex body fabric provides comfort and freedom of movement; shoulders and arms have a 2-layer waterproof and puncture-resistant fabric for these high-abrasion areas
- Body and panel fabrics have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Two zippered vertical chest pockets for protecting your essentials
- Large internal back storage pouch with zippered entry on both sides and hook-and-loop flap at top; storage pouch is made of 2.5-layer waterproof / breathable fabric for easy cleaning
- Two lower snap-closure cargo pockets are bellowed for added expansion
- Fleece-lined side-entry hand pockets are located behind lower cargo pockets